Business Licenses are for any Business, Home Occupation, Short Term Rental (STR), or Beer License located in unincorporated areas of the county.
Weber County Business Licenses are for businesses located in unincorporated areas of the county.
If your business is located in a city you will need to apply with the city.
New License Online Application Steps
- Step 1: Enter the type of license.
- Step 2: Enter address information.
- Step 3: Enter the business information.
- Step 4: Upload supporting documents.
- Step 5: Review and submit your application.
Your application will be reviewed and you will be contacted with any further questions. Once approved you will recieve a notice and can download your Business License.
What is the business license ordiance?
Business licensing ordinance for unincorporated Weber County.
When is the business license fee due?
After an application is submitted and an inital review takes place you will receive an email with a link to pay the fee.
What are the fees for business license?
See a break down of license types and fees here.
All new licenses will be issued a Land Use Permit which is a one time fee of $60.00, in addition to the business license fee which is based on your business type.
Business licenses are good for the calendar year and require a renewal at the start of each year. Renewals will have a Business License fee which is based on your business type.
Where can I find my account number or pin?
You can find the account number and pin on the renewal notice that was mailed out to current license holders.
When is the renewal deadline?
Renewals are due by March 29th. After March 31st a late fee will be incured on any license renewals.
Notice of Online Payment Fees
- Electronic Check - A fee of $1.50 is added when you select this option.
- Credit Card - A fee of 2.45% of the amount of your payment (or $1.95 minimum).
What are the late fees?
- If any license fee is not paid within 45 days of the due date, a penalty of 25 percent of the amount of such license fee shall be added to the original amount.
- If not paid within three months of the due date, an additional penalty of 25 percent shall be added to the original amount.
I want to cancel my business license?
If you recieved a renewal notice and would like to cancel your license, log into the Business License Renewal and follow the cancelation instructions.
If you have any questions regarding your Business License please contact Weber County Planning at 801-399-8371.
Join the Ogden Weber Chamber, for more information visit www.ogdenweberchamber.com